Sunday, September 27, 2009

Where It All Began

For awhile now I've been reading others blogs and have found them so interesting. Over time as I've been reading it has made me want to do one of my own. But where to began was the question. It seems the question was easily answered when I looked down and saw my precious Bichon Frise Charlie and my current foster dog Bailey.

It all started back in 2002 when I found the website for Small Paws Rescue. I found myself going back to the website more and more often to see what was going on, and then I decided to sign up for the newsletter to find out even MORE about what was going on! It wasn't long after I began reading the newsletters that I decided I could help and signed up to be a volunteer. Shortly after that I got the chance to foster my first dog for Small Paws. His name was Jake and what a precious boy he was. He was adopted shortly after I began fostering and I was hooked! After fostering Jake I fostered Colette a sweet little puppy mill dog. Looking back, I now know how unprepared I was to foster an unsocialized dog but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. While fostering Colette I was informed about a dog in my area needing to be surrendered by his family. Due to a number considerations we decided another volunteer would foster Colette and I would foster the new dog coming in. His name was Humphrey and this is where my journey with Small Paws really began.

No comments: